As wonderful as books can be for stimulating the imagination, youngsters need more than that. Children’s activity books are ideal for providing kids with more than just the reading experience that is essential to their later academic strength.
1. Improve Concentration Children find it difficult at the best of times to sit still and concentrate – this can be helped by children’s activity books, which contain tasks simple yet entertaining enough to keep children absorbed for long enough to help increase the period for which they can focus on one thing.
2. Recognition of Colour, Shapes Etc Activity books for Children are also are a fantastic way to reinforce colour, shape, number, and letter recognition. They also can introduce or reinforce word formation and basic addition and subtraction.
3. Fine Motor Development Holding pens, pencils, crayons, and scissors correctly comes with practice – all the way through the primary years. One of the most entertaining ways in which children can gain that valuable practice is by completing activities in books - they help kids strengthen hand and finger muscles and improve their pen control too.
4. Hand-Eye Coordination Activity books that require children to limit a particular technique to a specific area, such as colouring in a picture, can help improve hand and eye coordination. One of the most basic examples of this is how youngsters learn to colour within the lines, rather than just scribbling without any control.
5. Sense of Personal Accomplishment The sense of pride and accomplishment that children feel when they complete an activity, such as seeing the image that forms when they join the dots, is important. It can help instil a sense of confidence in kids, which will enable them to tackle the challenges of school, sport, and home in a positive way. Children are more likely to succeed when they believe that they are capable.
6. Learning Through Fun One of the most common gripes from children is that their schoolwork is boring. By completing fun activities, children learn without even realising it, helping them refine their skills without them feeling any pressure.
7. Expression of Self Activity books are interactive and encourage children to draw, think, feel and express themselves on paper.
8. Quality Time with the Kids In this fast-paced digital world, we sometimes get so caught up that we forget to sit down and just have a conversation with our kids. Activity books are a great time to become engaged with your child.
9. Something for Everyone You can find almost any subject in any activity book format, from simple art, math, reading, and writing to manners and social skills, foreign languages and more. They come ready-made or you can create your own with free downloadable worksheets.
10. Boredom Buster (without technology ) Simple markers, pencils and pens along with activity pages offer hours of entertainment. As a busy parent, there’s something refreshing and guilt-free about bringing out tried-and-true workbooks.
11. Less Screen Time Studies show that kids spend 4 hours a day passively watching a screen. And that amount almost doubles on days when weather prevents them from escaping into the outdoors. By encouraging your child to open an activity book, not only will they be far more engaged and focused, but also hugely satisfied after spending the day doing hands-on activities than they would staring at a lifeless screen. What’s more, they’ll be improving skills needed to succeed in school and life.
12. More Reading & Improved Comprehension Skills Reading doesn’t have to be boring. In fact, by encouraging your children to read with fun activity books you’ll be helping them develop good reading habits and superior concentration skills. Children’s activity books help them to develop their reading ability while participating in a range of literacy and critical thinking activities. Their comprehension skills naturally improve as they puzzle out the different steps to complete an activity.
Order your WOW Club Membership NOW!